Sunday, November 21, 2010

Plaxo Not Equal to Facebook

Clearly, I got a little excited about all of the mangaing contacts aspect of Plaxo that I didn't tell you how I signed-up for it and everything that goes into it. I went to http://www.plaxo.com/ and signed up for a free-trial. Little did I know that I was going to create a whole profile all about me that will help me find other people I may know. Yes, you're probably thinking, "This is just like Facebook," but you're totally wrong! Plaxo is MUCH more professional than Facebook. And, you make your Plaxo account and profile fit you, whereas you adjust your own interests to fit Facebook. Also, Facebook is much more of a social networking site that friends use to chat, post pictures, and keep in touch; you can do all of those things on Plaxo if you want, I guess, but it's more for managing your contacts all in one place. You can insert any or all contact information for a person into your address book on Plaxo, but on Facebook you have limited contact information of a person based on their privacy settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment