Sunday, November 21, 2010

Checking Out Plaxo



I went to Plaxo's Main Webpage to check into their program a bit more. The Plaxo team speaks of their own program with the phrase "Finally, A Smart, Socially Connect Address Book." After creating my own free trial, I can definitely vouch that their tag line is indeed true. This is an online address book like I've never seen before.Now, no matter where I go, I always have access to all of my contacts because they are on-line. If my computer crashes, I have one less thing to fear about because I know my contacts are safe online. Also, I don't have to worry about carrying around an extra little book of my contacts.

Plaxo, I discovered, offers its own plus. Not only can you type in your own contacts, but you can also import your contact lists from other programs like AOL, Gmail, Facebook, and Microsoft. Then, you can re-organize your contacts by creating your own categories for them. For example, I have the categories family, friends, college friends, and professionals. These categories work for me now, but I can see where I will expand them in the future.

So far, this is what I've learned about Plaxo. Check out their blog to see what they have to say about themselves! Plaxo's blog has posts from a variety of their employees. Plaxo's President and CEO even chimes in! Sounds legitimate to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment